Lose weight at work? Really, is it possible?
Let’s face it, most of us could stand to lose a pound or two. Today more than two third of American adults are considered overweight or obese. But how do we lose weigh at work? Exercise and diet is the answer of course but with fewer than 20% of jobs requiring physical exertion in today’s working environment it is harder than ever to get enough exercise to shed those pounds. The time demands that modern office workers are under don’t make it easy to diet either. Here are a few easy tips to lose weight at work.
1. Walk or ride a bike to work. Only a lucky few live close enough to the office to really use this tip but if you are one of the lucky ones who live within a mile or two from work take advantage of it. A quick bike ride or walk to work will not only jump start your metabolism and help you lose weight at work but it is also a good way to clear your head and lower stress levels before the hectic work day begins.
2. Don’t park next to the door. If you must drive to work like most Americans, you can still get in a quick walk in the morning. Make it a habit to park in the furthest parking spot you can find or park in a different lot a half mile away. Doing this is an easy way to force yourself to take that walk each and every morning to lose weight at work.
3. Choose healthy snacks. Snacking throughout the day is not necessarily a bad thing as long as you choose something healthy. Stay away from the vending machine and keep some healthy items such as fruit, vegetables, nuts or string cheese in your desk drawer.
4. Bring a brown bag lunch. It’s hard to eat a nutritious, healthy lunch if you go out to a restaurant. It is also much easier to limit your portions when packing your lunch in the morning right after breakfast. Bring a delicious salad, tuna wrap or cup of vegetable soup.
5. Exercise on your lunch break. Anything is better than nothing. Do some stretches, take a walk or even a jog around the block. The point is, be active during your lunch time and you will lose weight at work.
6. Do desk exercises all day long. You can do something as simple as stretching exercises throughout the day or take advantage of any downtime while downloading large files or rebooting your computer and do a few push-ups or sit-ups.
7. Stand up while you work! Why sit down and be sedentary in the first place? Keep your metabolism running all day long by alternating between sitting and standing throughout the day. Try these sit stand, adjustable height desks from www.HealthPostures.com to help you stay active and lose weight at work. You will also have the added benefits of more energy and less fatigue at work and possibly even prolong your lifespan!